`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
Nothing less than the redefinition of cycling-specific high performance eyeProtection, produced in an exclusive joint engineering venture between ASSOS Centro Studio and Carl Zeiss Vision Sunlens
- Line: ASSOS high performance eyeProtection
- ClimaRange: year-round
- ProductClass: eyeProtection
- AEPD: clickFace
- Sizes: one size fits all
- Parts: 3 materials, 10 components
- Weight: 27.5 grams - superleggera
- UV protection: 100%
- Water repellent: yes
- Patent: Carl Zeiss Vision Sunlens V-Toric
- Certified: ASSOS Werksmannschaft
- Does the world need more eyewear? Probably not. But we - racing-oriented high performance cyclists - do. The ASSOS Werksmannschaft (our in-house product development pro team) in essence, our product engineers, feels that the currently available generic sports glasses could be improved to meet the specific demands of the toughest sport in the world: cycling.
- ASSOS is not an eyewear company. We are a cycling body R&D + refinement laboratory. At ASSOS we understand cycling and focus exclusively on cycling. We do not produce multi-sports items, nor do we engineer our products for use in other sports. And we never give in to the temptation of increasing sales by broadening our focus.
It is this 'exclude-all-other-uses' engineering approach that we applied when we started to develop the first cycling-specific high performance eyeProtection four years ago.
- It was clear to us that we must explore new paths and join forces with the best in class to accomplish what we set out to do. Zegho is the combined effort of nine European specialty eyewear makers, each providing a specifically designed component, each manufactured following strict quality guidelines, and all orchestrated by ASSOS Centro Studio and its two dedicated eyewear development engineers.
THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS:
- All consumption creates waste. To protect Earths resources, we must end the age of waste. Theoretically, the most effective way to protect our world is to not consume anything. Since this is impractical, we believe that consuming less, but better, is the way to go. This means manufacturers must produce less, but of better quality, and their products must fulfill a purpose other than making money. Creating something that lasts reduces repeat sales, but it also reduces the need for more resources. Zegho is a high quality product that has been engineered to perform and to last. Zegho is handmade on the continent in the old-world style - from development to assembly - using artisan know-how combined with cutting-edge technology. Zegho is limited, it is special. Your zegho required 22 manufacturing steps. Its creation required the physical involvement of 37 humans. Buy less, buy better.
ASSOS TV - Tunnel Vision:
- Tunnel Vision is an ASSOS innovation produced by Carl Zeiss Vision Sunlens. With Tunnel Vision, the lower third of the lens is clear, followed by a sharp change to reduced light transmission in the upper two-thirds of the lens. This allows a cyclist to enter a tunnel and or shadow environment without worrying that his world will go dark. An easy 25-degree lift of the head is all thats required to enjoy a clear yet still-protected view ahead, allowing the rider to keep his eyewear in its place and his hands on the bars. Amazingly simple, amazingly functional. Zegho provides protection in every sense of the word. In the sporting goods world, only a few select companies can claim to have branded Carl Zeiss Vision lenses. And little ASSOS is one of them.
NO POLARIZED LENSES. WHY?:
- Polarized lenses are great - for fishing. For cycling, theyre not what you want.
Zegho was created to be the ultimate high performance cycling-specific eye protection. Its job is to give you perfect, fully protected 1:1 performance vision when cycling. What you see is whats there. No filters, no gimmicks, no distortion. Thats what you want when cycling. Heres why: first, imagine youre fishing. Eliminating reflections from the waters surface allows you to see the fish and, maybe, catch a big one. Now imagine youre cycling, youre on a fast descent, its been raining and the sun has just come out but the road is still wet. Youre doing 70 km/h, trees are whizzing by, the road is a patchwork of sunny spots, youre coming out of a turn, eyeing the bend ahead, deciding on the line to take, shifting your weight, leaning in, braking... Now, do you want to aquaplane when you hit that puddle of water thats ahead of you, or do you want to see the reflection coming off the puddles surface, maybe just in time to help you avoid a crash?
NO PHOTOCHROMIC LENSES. WHY?:
- Photochromic lenses were a breakthrough technology, allowing one pair of sunglasses to perform well under various lighting conditions, slowly darkening as the sun comes out, lightening in the shade of the forest, perfect for a hike through the countryside. But photochromic lenses are not the right choice for high performance cycling. Their reaction to changes in lighting is way too slow. Cycling requires an immediate response to lighting changes. Riding in full sunlight, entering a short, dark tunnel, then shooting out into full sun again - no photochromic lens can change fast enough to keep up. Youre forced to remove your eye protection, look over or under it, or just pray theres nothing in your way when you enter that tunnel. Is there any eye protection in the world that can keep you safe in this situation? Yes! Zegho, with Tunnel View lens technology. Invented by the ASSOS Werksmannschaft (patent pending) and custom made for Zegho by Carl Zeiss Vision?Sunlens, Zegho TV is unique. Dark tinted through the upper two-thirds of the lens and clear across the bottom third, with a sharp transition between the two zones, Zegho TV gives you crystal clear vision with just a slight lift of your head and,
just as important, still gives you 100% protection from UV rays, wind, dust and debris. Wow!
YES 100% UV PROTECTION. WHY?:
- Vision plays a crucial role in our lives, supplying us with 80% of our impressions of the world. But our eyes are delicate organs, and our world is a hazardous place.
- Sunlight is one of those hazards. It is a significant source of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which represents a very real threat to our vision.
- The lens in a young persons eye is crystal clear. As we age, the lens can become yellowed, affecting vision. Extensive research has confirmed that long exposure to the Suns dangerous UV rays is a cause of this yellowing, as well as other vision problems, including cataracts, melanoma and macular degeneration (a condition that kills retinal cells and affects the central field of vision). These problems develop over many years, and very often there is no pain or immediate loss of vision, but the damage is done.
- High-intensity short-term exposure to UV radiation is also a danger, causing burns to the surface of the eye (like sunburn to the skin), a condition known as photokeratitis. While most of us know how to protect our skin from the Sun, many are unaware of the damage the Suns rays can cause to our eyes. What is there to do?
- Protection against many of these devastating eye diseases can be achieved without disturbing normal vision, simply by using high-quality sun lenses. Driven by innovation and a passion for eye care, Carl Zeiss Vision Sunlens offers a range of highly effective, premium quality sun lenses that achieve superior optical performance, high material pureness and long-term durability.
As shown in the graph, Zeiss sun lenses absorb hazardous UV-A and UV-B radiation before they damage the eyes (UV-C radiation is absorbed by the atmosphere). As well, the wraparound style of the Zeiss lenses used in Zegho offers superior protection from reflected sunlight, allowing the eyes to further relax and provide sharper vision.
ZEISS sun lenses work to protect your eyes and maintain healthy vision while providing optimal quality and comfort.
- Zegho is eyeProtection equipment created by ASSOS Centro Studio and its friends at Carl Zeiss Vision Sunlens. Zegho feels different than any other sunglasses you have ever put on your face. Riding with Zegho, you feel that it is engineered to be your ideal high performance cycling companion. It is! Follow your heart. Ride it to believe it.
- OUTFIT CLIMARANGE
At this moment, Assos Zegho Crystal is at best price and is perfect for your activities. At bikeinn, you can find other products that complement into our Protections catalogue and particularly into our Sunglasses category. We have a variety of Sunglasses to suit your needs and to make you feel inspired to do more sport in your daily routine.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE