It is the most “forward-looking” version in the Fulcrum® range dedicated to Freeride/Enduro.
Extremely strong and sturdy, the Red ZoneTM XLR is both light and reactive.
The Freeride and Enduro are disciplines that put the wheels to real test. The XLR, too, is always ready and able to face any terrain.
- C 21 RIM FOR TUBELESS WHEEL: Maximum stability of the wheel, even at high speeds, on any terrain.
- ILLED RIM: extremely lightweight. Excellent lateral stiffness and reactivity of the wheel.
- OVERSIZE ROUND SECTION STRAIGHT-HEAD SPOKES IN ALUMINIUM: lightweight, greater reactivity, aggressive look.
- ALUMINIUM NIPPLES: make it possible to reduce the peripheral mass of the wheel to the minimum, thus increasing its reactivity.
- OVERSIZE ALUMINIUM HUB: permits a higher degree of lateral stiffness and high torque transmission.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE: provides greater torsional stiffness, increases reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
- INDUSTRIAL BEARINGS WITH VERY LOW FRICTION VALUE AND ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM: increased smoothness and high efficiency over time. Extremely easy ball-bearing adjustment.
- LINK PIN FOR FRONT WHEELS: exceptional rigidity of the front wheel; improved stability at high speeds and when braking. Choice of version with 15mm or 20mm link pin.
- SET OF SYNTACE X-12 135/142MM REAR WHEEL ADAPTORS: the O.L.D. of the 12mm Thru-Axle rear wheel can be increased from 135 to 142 mm.
- Imagine the rim and tyre as a single unit composed of two materials. This is what we wanted to achieve conceptually with Ultra-Fit™ Tubeless technology. The rim was developed during the design stage to obtain perfect adherence with the tyre. The consequent elimination of friction makes it possible to improve performance considerably.
- Energy dispersion is drastically reduced by the tubeless tyre. The advantages are indisputable even in terms of practicality. Fitting the tyre is facilitated by the form of the rim while two tracks in the rim groove help keep the type perfectly positioned at all times. Ultra-Fit™ Tubeless technology is used in Red Carbon™, Red Fire™, Red Zone™ XLR and Red Zone™ wheels.
- A magnet and lots of ingenuity. This was what led to the patent for the well-tested “Mounting Magnet” system, or MoMag™. How does it work? The nipples, once inserted inside the rim via the valve hole, are “guided” to the point of connection with the spoke by means of the magnet. This simple but ingenious system makes it possible to have a wheel without holes on the upper bridge, but with spokes tensioned by traditional nipples!
2:1 TWO-TO-ONE™ :
- A system that is as simple as it is effective, the result of the ingenuity of the Fulcrum® engineers and attentive observation of the results of the tests performed on the wheels on a daily basis.
- These tests made it possible to understand that the forces that act on the sides of the wheel, and therefore on the spokes, are extremely different; but what’s more, the differences between the front and rear wheels are also evident and significant. The front wheel, in fact, has to remain stable even during braking of the disk on the left side, and the rear wheel, in addition to making room for the sprocket set, has to compensate for the traction of the force on the chain side.
- So how can we keep the wheel perfectly in balance even when it is stressed by braking and acceleration? By doubling the number of spokes and positioning them in such a way that, for each stress on one side of the wheel, there is an equal and opposite force on the other side. This may seem like a simple solution, but especially on harsh and demanding terrains like those of off-road riding, the 2:1 Two-to-One™ system is crucial for ensuring consistent control of your bike even in the most critical situations.
- The hubs designed for Fulcrum® wheels employ a generously dimensioned design for both the central body and for the rotation axis. The diameter of the latter, 20 mm for all the models with disc brakes, guarantees high resistance to transverse and torsional stresses.
- A contribution is also made to this result by the mechanical architecture of the hub which, in the AFS™ version, is provided with bearings with a double ball-bearing race positioned outside the flange, so that it is aligned with the disc on the respective side. The Red Metal™ Zero and Red Metal™ 1XL models are fitted with precision bearings with cones and cups which make fine adjustment possible and with a double gasket to provide a barrier against the infiltration of dust and mud.
F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card:
- Right from its inception Fulcrum® has been marked by feature that continues to this day: that is to design, prototype and industrialise all the wheels characterised by the red “F”.
- Indeed these take shape inside of the R&D, the leading-edge department that represents the beating heart of the Italian company.
Every single component of the wheel, the materials chosen and the technologies applied are the tangible result of the effort that Fulcrum® makes every day to give you maximum performance and reliability.
- To ensure the top performance and reliability of its products, each project, for the production stage, must undergo a series of very strict tests that validate what has been conceived and designed up to that moment (fatigue test, crash test, tyre burst test, enviroment test, 100% manually assembled and electronically checked).
- This is why, from its 2012 range, Fulcrum® wanted to supply each wheel with its own Identity Card (ID) which uniquely identifies the wheel and certifies that it has been manually assembled and has passed all tests required by the strict quality protocol.
- The world of “fat wheels” is continually evolving. Mountain bikers are renowned for being keen on trying and experimenting new technical solutions – adapting a bike to the route and to their riding style is normal for off road lovers. And Fulcrum® does not fall behind. On the contrary, it pushes ahead and offers new solutions that don’t force you to make a definitive choice, but leave you the option to change your mind. The Fulcrum® 2012 range includes the standard modification kit with quick release and 15mm thru axle for the front wheel of Red Metal™ Zero, Red Metal™ 1 XL, Red Metal™ 3, Red Power™ XL, Red Metal™ 29 XL, Red Power™ 29 XL wheels and the 2 versions of Red Zone™. A clever solution that will allow you to use the Fulcrum wheels on bikes with front forks with traditional release or thru axle.
- The Syntace X-12 standard, with a 142mm rear O.L.D. and an innovative way of adjusting the wheel to the stay, is the new feature on many branded frames. Fulcrum, which has always kept a close eye on the needs and demands of the market, has found a solution for this: for its 2012 range Fulcrum®’s R&D department has designed and developed a special kit that changes 12/135mm thru axle wheels into 12/142mm thru axle wheels thanks to a simple kit included with the wheels. This solution will make your Red Metal™ 1XL, Red Metal™ 3, Red Power™ XL, Red Power™ 29 XL wheels, along with the basic and XLR version of the Red Zone™ wheels, 100% compatible with the German company’s new standard. It is extremely easy to assemble, with no need for any special tools. Just a click and you are ready for a new challenge!
Fulcrum Red Zone Xlr Front is the perfect product to reach your bike goals. Complete your order with other related Mountain wheels 26er products and enjoy your life like never before. Some of our Wheels and tyres products have a special promotion. Find them at bikeinn! We provide a wide choice from Fulcrum who is renowned in the highest quality materials, they never fail to deliver.