The best combination of reliability and lightweight for the most versatile aero wheelset. Mavic’s Cosmic Carbone 40 T is Paris-Roubaix proven, yet capable of climbing the steepest climb.
The perfect blend of lightweight and aerodynamics:
- 40 mm wind tunnel optimized rim profile
- Full carbon extra light rim
- Carbon/alloy hubs, 230 grams Yksion Pro tubular tyres
- 3K full carbon fibre rim
- Oversize aluminum axles
- Optimized spoke dish and lacing
Race proven in the toughest conditions:
- 2011 Paris-Roubaix winner
- The wheel choice for the spring classics
- Material: 100% Unidirectional carbon fiber
- Height: 40 mm
- Drilling: traditional
- Brake track: carbon
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28' tubular
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: carbon center tube and aluminum flanges
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Nylon
- Dimension: 28'-23
- Tubular M11
- Tubular ED11
- BR601 quick releases (V24 501 01 frt, V24 502 01 rear)
- Carbon brake pads (V24 603 01 Shimano/Sram, V24 604 01 Campagnolo)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight: 1435 g
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Are you thinking of buying Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40 Tubular Pair? This is one of the star products at bikeinn, the online bike store. The price is 1753.95 $, limited time! At bikeinn you can benefit from the biggest advantages and find products from Mavic at the best price. All our bike products have a manufacturer quality guarantee.