Riding up the mountains and ripping back down, for racing or just for fun, all-mountain is the essence of mountain biking. In those conditions you need to have full trust in your equipment. Crossmax XL Pro Ltd WTS is there to ensure the perfect match between the bike and the ground no matter how steep or how technical it is.
This wheelset was built with toughness and dynamics in mind, a 23mm wide internal rim (27mm external) has been specially made to be more impact resistant and features ISM (Inter Spoke Milling) machining to reduce weight and inertia. This wheelset is more playful, easier to handle, and helps save energy both going up and slowing down. 24 lightweight alloy spokes (Zicral) front and rear ensure stiffness and strength. The rear wheel must transfer all your energy to the ground and features radial lacing on the drive side (Isopulse) which also helps improve lateral stiffness by moving the spokes further outwards.
With different functions, front and rear wheels also need different tyres to be able to reach the high level of performance that Enduro racing/riding requires. An aggressive profile with large and high knobs, excellent mud clearing capacities, and a soft compound (SCC - Super Contact Compound) for unrivalled grip describe the front specific Crossmax Charge XL, and to transfer all of your energy into speed, Crossmax Quest XL takes care of the rear. A shallower profile, smaller with more knobs and a new dual compound (X-mix) provide fast rolling performance, traction and confident cornering. Both tyres use a dual ply casing (Guard 2) to offer maximum durability at a competitive weight.
To make the most of the tubeless benefits (UST wheel, UST Tubeless Ready tyres), Crossmax XL Pro Ltd come with two bottles of sealant and all accessories required.
Tough for aggressive Enduro riding:
- 23 mm wide rim with Fore drilling
- 24 beefy Zicral spokes
- Guard 2 dual ply casing, 2.4 tyres
Dynamic and easy to ride up that hill:
- New optimized rim extrusion with ISM weight reduction Zicral aluminum spokes, lighter and stronger than steel UST Tubeless Ready tyres
Convenience and reliability of a Mavic UST system:
- Full UST rim, with UST Ready tyres
- Full hub compatibility with optional adapters
- Available in 27,5 only, HG or XD driver body
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 23 mm
- ETRTO size 27.5': 584x23C
- ETRTO recommended tyre sizes: 37 mm to 76 mm (1.5' to 3.0')
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, bladed
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy
- Shimano 11 speeds compatible
- Sram XD Compatible (XX1-X01) with optionnal kit
Crossmax Charge XL Front - Crossmax Quest XL Rear
UST Tubeless Ready
Casing: 2x66 TPI
Dimension 27.5': 2.40
- Ltd - Mavic Yellow
VERSIONS - FRONT:
- 6 bolts 15 mm (QR & 20 mm with optional adapters)
VERSIONS - REAR:
- 6 bolts 12x135 & 12x142 (QR with optional adapters)
- HG or XD driver body
- 2 bottles of Mavic Sealant (355 466 01 x2)
- UST valve and accessories (129 838 01)
- Front 15 mm adapters (129 828 01)
- Rear 12x142mm adapters (308 593 01 for ITS4, 329 650 01 for TS2, B49 896 01 for ID360 6T, B49 899 01 for ID360 CL)
- ASTM CATEGORY 4 : offroad with jumps less than 122cm
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 1710 grams
Inter Spoke Milling An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
- Up to 40 grams lighter for easier climbing
- Low inertia for effortless acceleration
The best grip
SCC: Super Contact Compound is the softest compound (40a) and delivers unbelievable grip in all conditions.
It gives the extra confidence needed to push your limits.
- Super soft: dedicated to maximum grip
- For racing and riding in mixed and wet conditions
Guard 2: the strongest tyre Dual ply construction makes for a super strong casing to prevent flats even at low pressure. Rubber layers thickness is optimized to keep the weight low.
Recommended for Enduro racing and all types of aggressive riding.
- Dual ply: strong casing for aggressive riding
- Optimized thickness: perfect weight/strength ratio for Enduro
Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling
- Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure
- UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads
- Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype)
UST Tubeless Ready:
Traction, control and lightweight The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats. The tubeless ready construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
-Benefits of UST: traction, control, comfort
-Tubeless Ready: lighter construction, perfectly air tight with the use of sealant
Instant energy transmission Instant Transfer System 4: Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kinds of frame retention system.
- Better energy transmission: fast engagement, only 7.5° freeplay between two engaged positions
- Stiffer: 17 mm monobloc axle
- 12 mm through axle compatible to fit any kind of frame retention system
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Optimum energy transfer The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
If you are looking for a good quality Mountain wheels 27.5er article, then our range of Mountain wheels 27.5er will definitely meet your expectations. We recommend you Mavic Crossmax Xl Pro Ltd 27.5 Inches Wts Intl 2.4 Pair, the price is 646.95 $ and is available. bikeinn is the best option to buy your bike equipment at the best price. If you find a lower for Mavic Crossmax Xl Pro Ltd 27.5 Inches Wts Intl 2.4 Pair, publicly available price anywhere else, we´ll match it!