We’re not usually ones to boast, but Deemax Ultimate holds an iconic place in the history of downhill mountain biking.
Ridden by the pros
Developed with and used by some of the fastest racers on the world cup circuit, Deemax Ultimate is among the lightest downhill wheelsets, taking Sam Hill to the top step of the podium twice during the 2014 season.
Featuring the distinctive yellow paint, the alloy rim has been developed using our patented ISM weight-reduction technology. This technology creates a central line of standard alloy thickness along the rim. This means the weight of the rest of the rim can be reduced to help acceleration and handling, while it stays just as strong – a key element in downhill.
Steel spokes for big hits
The spokes are steel made, double-butted and bladed, with 28 in the front and 32 in the rear to cope with the huge hits that are part of racing the clock downhill. And the ITS 4 freewheel system, with 4 poles and only 7.5° between engaged positions, reduces the time out of a corner to get back up to maximum speed.
Ultralight downhill wheelset:
- Light rim: 21c, ISM machining (central spine)
- Ultra-light components: ITS-4, ultra-light spokes
Ultimate responsiveness and improved vertical compliance:
- Less inertia: ISM machining
- Ultra-light double butted spokes
- Instant engagement: ITS-4 freewheel
Developed with and for DH world cup racers:
- THE yellow Deemax
- Increased vertical compliance
- 12x157 compatible
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM with central spine
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 21 mm
- ETRTO size 26': 559x21C
- ETRTO recommended tyre sizes: 35 mm to 69 mm (1.4' to 2.7')
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: front 28, rear 32
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 3
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy
- Shimano 11 speeds compatible
- Sram XD Compatible (XX1-X01) with optionnal kit
VERSIONS - FRONT:
- 6 bolts 20 mm
VERSIONS - REAR:
- 6 bolts QR & 12x135 & 12x142
- 6 bolts 12x150
- UST valve and accessories (129 838 01)
- Front 20 mm adapters (129 829 01)
- Rear QR adapters (308 731 01 for ITS4 and TS2, B49 894 01 for ID360)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- User guide
- 12x157mm adaptors (308 593 01 for ITS4)
- ASTM CATEGORY 5 : extreme offroad
- Weight: 1965 g
Inter Spoke Milling An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
- Up to 40 grams lighter for easier climbing
- Low inertia for effortless acceleration
Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling
- Enables to ride at lower tyre pressure
- UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads
- Compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype)
Instant energy transmission Instant Transfer System 4: Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kinds of frame retention system.
- Better energy transmission: fast engagement, only 7.5° freeplay between two engaged positions
- Stiffer: 17 mm monobloc axle
- 12 mm through axle compatible to fit any kind of frame retention system
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Spoke Retention System The hub shell slots special machining makes sure that the spoke head is imprisoned and will not pop out of the hub. The spoke still can travel in the slot, in order to let the wheel absorb some of the terrain obstacles.
- No spoke ejection, even under very hard frontal hits
- The wheel stays vertically compliant
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Buy now your Mavic Deemax DH 26` Intl Pair for only 708.45 $. Made by Mavic, Mavic Deemax DH 26` Intl Pair is available in a range of sizes and colours, and comes complete with everything you´ll need. At bikeinn, we offer the best price of your favourite bike products. View our full range of Mountain wheels 26er within our Wheels and tyres department.