`Remember me on this computer` option
The Ksyrium Pro uses the same technology as the Ksyrium Pro SL, which has set new standards for modern wheel building. This wheel is equally at ease on fast rolling terrain or mountain courses, and for a couple of hours or an all-day adventure.
New rim for 2016
This year we’re bringing in a new rim shape, which is enlarged by two millimeters. That might not sound much, but when combined with 25mm tyres it increases the air volume by 18%. This extra volume means you can lower the tyre pressure by 20 PSI while maintaining the same rolling resistance as with a narrower rim and tyre.
The result is greatly improved comfort with no compromise on rolling efficiency to keep you fast on the long haul. And despite the lower tyre pressure, the increased distance between the rim edge and the ground (thanks to the extra air) means pinch flats are easily avoided.
Trademark Ksyrium lightweight stiffness and durability
Everything else riders love about the Ksyrium Pro stays the same, including the sweet combination of low weight, stiffness and durability for unsurpassed ride quality. It’s thanks to key features adapted from the Ksyrium Pro SL:
- Zicral alloy spokes are stiffer, stronger and lighter than traditional stainless steel spokes.
- Isopulse lacing pattern (radial lacing on the drive side) allows a more balanced spoke tension, giving a more stable and stiffer wheel, especially for heavy loads.
- Fore drilling creates the strongest possible connection between rim and spokes, with no holes in the upper bridge of the rim to increase stiffness by about 20%, and no rim tape needed (another 40g saved).
- And of course our new ISM4D rim means each part of the rim is precisely machined using just the right amount of material needed to provide stiffness and strength, while maintaining weight at just 400g. For a total wheel weight of only 1475g.
Matching Yksion Pro tyres
This wheel also comes with our Yksion Pro tyres, which offer a great balance of grip, rolling resistance and a low weight of only 205g in 25mm thanks to the supple 127 TPI casing, Kevlar beads and our well-balanced rubber compound.
The front wheel comes with the Griplink version; with a specific tread pattern to evacuate water quickly when cornering, increasing confidence and speed in difficult conditions. It also offers a very strong Kevlar puncture protection for added safety.
The rear wheel comes with the Powerlink version; with a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar to lower rolling resistance. To reduce rolling resistance and increase speed even further, the tread pattern is optimized to reduce the pressure on the ground. This also improves water evacuation from the center to increase traction and efficiency in wet conditions.
Improved ride quality:
- 17 mm internal rim width increases air volume
- Large volume GripLink and PowerLink tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip
- Zicral spokes and Fore drilling improves lateral stiffness
- ISM 4D rim machining makes for superlight rims
- Zicral spokes lowers weight while maintaining stiffness
- Superlight Yksion Pro tyres
- Fore drilling makes for a secured spoke / rim interface
- Strong oversize Zicral alloy spokes
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: front 24mm, rear 26 asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: UB Control
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, front double butted
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: front 18, rear 20
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Front body: carbon with aluminum flanges
- Rear body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear nylon
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Clincher M11
- Clincher ED11
- BR601 quick releases (V24 501 01 frt, V24 502 01 rear)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 845 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimizes constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Optimum energy transfer The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Usiné Brut Control The braking surfaces are precisely CNC machined.
- Improves braking friction
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
Are you interested in Mavic Ksyrium Pro C Rear? At this moment the product is in stock at bikeinn, your online bike store. At bikeinn you can find more bike products from the brand Mavic. Do not wait any longer and enjoy from Mavic Ksyrium Pro C Rear in just a few clicks. Discover bikeinn´s wide range of bike supports now.
Click on the following link to get more information about:Manual
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE