To push their limits, cyclists need full confidence in their equipment. So for us it’s never been a question of sacrificing reliability for weight or stiffness. Instead the Ksyrium line has always offered the unbeatable combination of low weight but high stiffness, comfort and reliability. So when we decided to give light carbon rims to the Ksyrium for the first time, they had to be the same – very light and totally reliable.
Reach the top, fast
The result of several years’ research is one of the lightest carbon clincher rims on the market. They’ll get you to the top of the pass fast, but also fly you back down to the valley floor in total safety.
Exclusive Finite Element Simulation software allowed us to choose the right fibers and resins and tune their lay up to reach the sweet spot of lightweight and strength, while offering a wide tyre bed for improved air volume and ride quality. On top of that, its round and smooth rim profile makes it one of the most aerodynamic in its category for superfast descents.
TgMax for braking
Braking performance is guaranteed by our unique TgMax technology. This technology combines huge resistance to brake heat thanks to the unique rim cooling alloy insert, with the highest stopping power thanks to the new laser preparation of the brake track.
The spokes are bladed and double butted. Using 20 at the front and 24 at the rear gives us high stiffness, low weight and long-term reliability.
Instant Drive 360: the holy grail of hubs
Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL C also debuts our new generation of freewheel system. Our new Instant Drive 360 freewheel is the holy grail of hubs: low weight, low friction, fast engagement, high axle stiffness and great durability. And if you need to service it or adapt it, the tool-free design makes it simpler than ever.
Matching Yksion Pro tyres
This wheel comes with our Yksion Pro tyre in a comfortable 25mm section. Used on the front wheel, Yksion Pro Griplink provides perfect steering, control and confidence when cornering fast whether dry or wet. The Yksion Pro Powerlink used on the rear wheel frees all your power thanks to super low rolling resistance.
In short, with its carbon clincher rim, the Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL C takes the Ksyrium family principles to a new level: the best blend of lightweight, durability and ride quality.
Superlight for fast acceleration and climbing:
- 615 grams only
- Superlight full carbon rim
- Superlight Instant Drive 360 hub
High ride quality and comfort:
- 17C internal width and 25 mm tyre increases air volume
- 25 mm deep rim dampens road vibrations
- Isopulse and 24 spokes brings high lateral stiffness
Unmatched braking efficiency and reliability:
- Refined TgMAX brake tracks shortens braking distance in both dry and wet
- Rim cooling system technology prevents any overheating from prolonged brakings
- Material: 3K carbon fibers with aluminum cooling system
- Height: 25mm
- Drilling: traditional
- Brake track: carbon with TgMAX technology
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- - ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Count: front 18, rear 24
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear nylon
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Clincher M11
- Clincher ED11
- BR601 quick releases (V24 501 01 frt, V24 502 01 rear)
- Rim tape
- Carbon brake pads (V24 603 01 Shimano/Sram, V24 604 01 Campagnolo)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 615 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
Maximum Glass Transition Temperature TgMAX technology consists in laying up several types of high technology resins, then fixing them using a proprietary heat treatment process to achieve the highest possible resistance to braking heat.
- Consistent and efficient braking, whatever the climate conditions
- The most reliable carbon rim, able to resist the highest abuse by the most brutal riders in the worst conditions
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Optimum energy transfer The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
- High efficiency thanks to low play and tight tolerances
- High durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL T Front has the official guarantee from the brand Mavic. Buying in our online bike store, you will have Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL T Front at home in a few days. At this moment the product is in stock and the price is 771.95 $. Don´t miss this opportunity!