More and more riders seeking fresh challenges and an escape from the traffic are leaving roads and heading out onto rugged gravel and packed earth tracks. This provides the ultimate test of comfort and reliability for their kit.
The new system for roads or tracks
To meet this need, we’ve created a dedicated Wheel-Tyre System that combines comfort and reliability with stiffness and responsiveness. It’s equally at home on smooth paved roads or rugged gravel mountain tracks, and it weighs in at just 850g.
One of the keys to it is our new ISM4D technology (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions). This removes material from the rim where it’s not needed but keeps it around the spokes where the tension is applied. This keeps the rim weight at an impressive 430g, despite the generous 19mm internal width.
Tyre options to suit your riding
The wide rim is the secret to the wheel’s versatility, particularly when used with one of our two tyre options:
Yksion Elite Guard in 28mm is ideal if you’re going to be riding poorly maintained paved roads or shorter and smoother gravel sections. It features a bead-to-bead nylon breaker that reinforces its 120TPI casing for extra puncture and side cut resistance. Its well-balanced rubber compound and specific tread pattern will also keep you safe and efficient in any weather conditions.
New Yksion Elite Allroad in 30mm offers the same cut and puncture protection but adds 10% more air volume for extra comfort and traction. It also has a carefully designed tread pattern that combines great rolling efficiency, thanks to its slick rolling tread on top, with great grip – even when off camber on a dirt road – because of its progressive design with file tread and taller side knobs. Yksion Elite Allroad also has the added benefit of being tubeless, meaning extra traction and extra pinch flat protection. But in a user-friendly way –using slightly less rigid Kevlar beads instead of the traditional non-stretch carbon.
Efficient, even brake torque
Ksyrium Pro Disc Allroad is a disc-specific wheelset and, as such, features spoke dimensions, spoke count (24 front and back) and lacing patterns that are adapted specifically to distribute the brake torque efficiently and evenly.
Finally, this wheelset is compatible with both rotor standards, International 6 Bolts and Center Lock. The front hub offers triple compatibility all in the same hub thanks to the adapters provided: quick release, 12 and 15mm through axles.
The rear wheel features our brand new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system that is light, engages twice as fast as before, and provides full compatibility with any retention system, being convertible from regular quick release to 12x142. All adapters, front and rear, are included with the wheels.
The tubeless Wheel-Tyre system that is ready for any adventure:
- UST compliant super wide 19 mm internal rim width for increased air volume
- Yksion Elite Guard in 28 mm when paved roads are majority
- Yksion Elite Allroad 30 mm when gravel roads matters more
The usual strength to weight ratio of any Ksyrium:
- Superlight ISM 4D rims, only 430 grams each
- Light and strong Zicral spokes
- Tough and light new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system
Disc brake specific wheelset:
- 24 spokes front and rear and disc specific rim
- Front: 15mm, 12 mm and quick release compatible
- Rear: 12 mm thru axle and quick release compatible
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: 26mm, asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Disc brake specific profile
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- ETRTO size: 622x19C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 28 to 42 mm
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: straight pull, bladed
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Front body: carbon with aluminum flanges
- Rear body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front: Quick release, 12 thru and 15 thru compatible
- Rear: convertible to 12mm through axle (135 and 142)
- Yksion Elite Guard or Yksion Elite Allroad
- UST Ready (Yksion Elite Allroad only)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 120 TPI
- Breaker: Nylon, from bead to bead
- Dimensions: 28-622 (700x28c) or 30-622 (700x30C)
- Max. Pressure: 28mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI / 30mm 5.8 bars - 85 PSI
- Clincher 6 bolts M11
- Clincher Center Lock M11
- BX601 quick releases (V24 503 01 frt, V24 504 01 rear)
- Front QR adapters (129 827 01, B41 043 01 for road wheel since MY16)
- Rear QR adapters (308 731 01 for ITS4 and TS2, B49 894 01 for ID360)
- Specific disc bolts (308 719 01)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 850 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimizes constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
Grip and control
A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Stiffer and stronger
Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Optimum energy transfer The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
- High efficiency thanks to low play and tight tolerances
- High durability
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Do not wait any longer and buy Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc Allroad 30 CL Rear. For any other information about the characteristics of Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc Allroad 30 CL Rear, you can get in contact with bikeinn through our contact page. bikeinn offers an exclusive collection of Wheels and tyres for bike and other leisure activity. Our Wheels and tyres will ensure you enjoy your sport and daily activity and make your life more comfortable with our unique range of Road wheels for disc brakes articles.