The Ksyrium Pro Exalith SL is a lighter and stiffer version of Ksyrium Pro Exalith. It pushes weight-saving one step further, making it a high performance choice for any kind of ride. Like the Pro Exalith, this wheel features the same Fore technology and Zicral spokes that bring higher stiffness and strength at a very low weight.
Exalith treated It also features the Exclusive Exalith technology, a chemical treatment of the aluminum alloy that slows down wear, notably at the brake track. It also shortens braking distance by 20% in dry and wet conditions, and provides a stunning all black finish, including on the brake track that will keep its colour for thousands of kilometers.
ISM4D and Tracomp technology
The rim uses ISM4D technology to keep weight and inertia very low, saving four watts in aerodynamics.
In addition, it uses our patented and unique Tracomp technology on the rear wheel. Tracomp stands for Traction/Compression. It was first introduced on the R-Sys wheel where we’ve been able to lower the wheel weight again by 10%, while increasing lateral stiffness by 30%.
So why does Tracomp make such a difference? Well a traditional wheel works with spokes that are only tensioned. The spoke tension provides the frontal and lateral stiffness and keeps the wheel components together. But under lateral loads, half of the spokes will see their tension increase, and the other half will see it lowering. When the load is very heavy, some spokes might completely lose their tension, which provokes a sudden loss of wheel stiffness, something that most cyclists have experienced at some point. The traditional way to avoid that is to increase the spoke tension, which results in poor fatigue resistance for both spokes and rims.
Tracomp overcomes this issue by allowing the spoke to work both in traction and compression. Under heavy loads, instead of losing their tension, Tracomp spokes will enter into compression and keep the wheel supported with a high lateral stiffness.
To achieve this, the spokes need to be:
- Round and hollow (tubes) so they won’t buckle when compressed
- Clamped on both ends by a nipple that is bonded to the spoke and directly threaded into the rim’s Fore drilling and a ring inside the hub that locks the spoke head and prevents the spokes from travelling inside their slots
- Carbon to provide the desired weight saving and extra stiffness during the tension phase as, carbon fibers don’t stretch as much as steel or aluminum alloy
Also, because these spokes don’t suffer loss of tension, the overall wheel spokes’ tension can be lower, which means the wheel components last longer.
The Tracomp carbon spokes also dampen road vibration and since they allow for a very wide wheel dish, the vertical compliance of the wheel adds comfort too.
The result is a superlight 750g wheelset that offers super high lateral stiffness and great comfort.
Matching Yksion Pro tyresThe Ksyrium Pro SL comes with our Yksion Pro tyres which offers a great balance of grip, rolling resistance and a low weight of only 205g in 25mm thanks to the supple 127 TPI casing, Kevlar beads and our well-balanced rubber compound.
The front wheel comes with the Griplink version that offers a specific tread pattern which helps evacuate water when cornering to increase confidence and speed in difficult conditions. It also offers very strong Kevlar puncture protection to improve safety.
The rear wheel comes with the Powerlink version, which uses a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar to lower rolling resistance. We’ve also optimized the tread pattern so pressure on the ground is reduced. This reduces rolling resistance and increases speed even further, while also improving water evacuation from the center to increase traction and efficiency in wet conditions.
- Rear Tracomp lacing for increased stiffness
- New GripLink / PowerLink Yksion Pro tyres
Low weight and improved aerodynamics:
- Rounder ISM 4D rims reduces drag
- Front double butted Zicral spokes
- Rear carbon Tracomp spokes
Proven Mavic quality and durability:
- Strong rim: Maxtal alloy, Fore drilling
- High quality adjustable bearings: QRM+
- Refined Zicral and Tracomp spokes
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: front 24mm, rear 26 asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x15C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- Material: front and rear drive side Zicral, Rear non drive side carbon fiber
- Shape: front and rear drive side straight pull bladed double butted, rear non drive side Tracomp
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: front 18, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front body: carbon with aluminum flanges
- Rear body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear nylon
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Clincher M11
- Clincher ED11
- BR601 quick releases (V24 501 01 frt, V24 502 01 rear)
- Exalith brake pads (V24 703 01 Shimano/Sram, V24 704 01 Campagnolo)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- Tracomp ring tool (99 080 01)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 750 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
High braking performance The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey colour for thousands of kilometres
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels)
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimizes constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Light & stiff traction compression. Extremely light Tracomp carbon fibre spokes works in traction and compression to provide a very high stiffness level in any circumstances.
- Under normal loads, wheel deflection is limited by the very high traction resistance of carbon fibres
- Under greater loads, where a normal wheel would flex more because of one of its spoke loosening, Tracomp spokes enter into compression and keep supporting the rim, preventing any further wheel deflection
Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Do not wait any longer and buy Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith SL Rear! At bikeinn all our Wheels and tyres products have the full manufacturer warranty of the brand Mavic. Buying in our bike store, you can benefit from the advantages belonging to our bike community. Place your order now and receive Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith SL Rear as soon as possible at home.