`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
When creating the R-Sys, our goal was to provide gran fondo racers and all cyclists who love the mountains with the best possible wheel choice to achieve their climbing goals.
With the R-Sys SLR, we created a wheel that’s not only one of the few clincher wheelsets below the 1300g mark, but also the most laterally stiff, with high endurance, strength and the greatest braking ability.
Full Tracomp technology
R-Sys SLR features the full Tracomp technology, front and rear, which is exceptionally good for both climbing and descending.
Tracomp, which stands for Traction/Compression, combines extremely low weight with high lateral stiffness for precision and control when descending – and full power transfer when climbing out of the saddle.
So why does Tracomp make such a difference? Well a traditional wheel works with spokes that are likely to lose their tension under high lateral loads or weaken the wheel components when the tension gets too high. Tracomp, on the other hand, brings extra lateral stiffness in all conditions by allowing the spoke to work both in traction and compression. To achieve this, spokes needs to be:
- Round and hollow (tubes) so that they won’t buckle when compressed
- Clamped on both ends by a nipple that is bonded to the spoke and directly threaded into the rim’s Fore drilling and then into a ring inside the hub that locks the spoke head and prevents the spokes from travelling inside their slots
- Carbon to provide the desired weight saving and extra stiffness during the tension phase, as carbon fibers don’t stretch as much as steel or aluminum alloy
The result is a wheel that is 30% stiffer laterally than any other wheel in its weight category.
Low weight, low vibrations:
The beauty of the Tracomp technology is that it also delivers two others benefits that every cyclist needs when going for an Alpine adventure: low weight thanks to the superlight carbon spokes, and road vibration dampening and vertical compliance for extra comfort, so you can ride longer, further and higher.
And it’s not just about the spokes: QRM SL bearing technology combines smooth and durable bearings in a very light package for extra performance.
Exalith – for downhill:
R-Sys SLR is a true mountain wheelset that recognizes once you’ve reached the top, you’ll have to go back down.
For that, Exalith is a great compliment to the R-Sys SLR features. Exalith shortens stopping distance by 20%, wet or dry, and provides powerful and easy to modulate braking to give you total confidence downhill.
ISM4D: save weight, save Watts:
The ISM4D rims are not only superlight, at just 370g, but they also save a few watts in aerodynamics, helping you descend even faster. ISM4D works by removing any material from the rim that is not needed for durability or stiffness to create a smooth rounded rim profile.
Matching Yksion Pro tyres:
The wheel comes with our Yksion Pro tyres that offer a great balance of grip, rolling resistance and a low weight of only 205g in 25mm thanks to the supple 127 TPI casing, Kevlar beads and our well-balanced rubber compound.
The front wheel comes with the Griplink version that offers a specific tread pattern which helps evacuate water when cornering to increase confidence and speed in difficult conditions. It also offers very strong Kevlar puncture protection to improve safety.
The rear wheel comes with the Powerlink version, which sports a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar to lower rolling resistance. To reduce rolling resistance and increase speed even further, the tread pattern is optimized to reduce the pressure on the ground, while improving water evacuation from the center to increase traction and efficiency in wet conditions.
The lightest alloy clincher wheel:
- New ISM 4D, Exalith 2 rims
- Carbon Tracomp spokes
- Superlight bearings and axles: QRM SL
High efficiency and energy transfer:
- High lateral stiffness: Tracomp
- Superlight Yksion Pro PowerLink tyre
- Taller rim profile
- Maximum lateral stiffness: Tracomp
- Superlight and grippy Yksion Pro GripLink tyre
- Rounder rim profile for easier handling
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: front 24mm, rear 26 asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x15C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- Material: carbon fiber (front and rear non drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Shape: Tracomp tubular (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull bladed and double butted (rear drive side)
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Super Light sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear nylon
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Clincher M11
- Clincher ED11
- BR601 quick releases (V24 501 01 frt, V24 502 01 rear)
- Exalith brake pads (V24 703 01 Shimano/Sram, V24 704 01 Campagnolo)
- Computer magnet (105 416 01)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (325 423 01)
- Tracomp ring tool (99 080 01)
- User guide
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 555 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
High braking performance The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey colour for thousands of kilometres
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels)
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimizes constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Light & stiff traction compression. Extremely light Tracomp carbon fibre spokes works in traction and compression to provide a very high stiffness level in any circumstances.
- Under normal loads, wheel deflection is limited by the very high traction resistance of carbon fibres
- Under greater loads, where a normal wheel would flex more because of one of its spoke loosening, Tracomp spokes enter into compression and keep supporting the rim, preventing any further wheel deflection
Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Qualité de Roulements Mavic Super Light The super light bearings are designed having in mind the QRM strict specifications. The matching hub axles are machined within extremely narrow tolerances, then one by one adjusted with very high precision when assembled.
- Up to 12% lighter that QRM+ system
- Tight tolerances for optimized rolling efficiency
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Mavic R-Sys SLR Front is the perfect product to reach your bike goals. Complete your order with other related Wheels products and enjoy your life like never before. Some of our Wheels and tyres products have a special promotion. Find them at bikeinn! We provide a wide choice from Mavic who is renowned in the highest quality materials, they never fail to deliver.
Click on the following link to get more information about:Manual
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU