`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
The clincher version of the 404 utilizes the go-anywhere, win-anything 58 mm rim depth model and convenience of clincher tires with an aluminum brake track.
For greater strength and reliability, Zipp’s M2CM™ technology fuses the aluminum hoop to the inner carbon section during the molding process. And still, the 404 clincher features Zipp’s exclusive ABLC™ dimples, VCLC™ vibration-reduction technologies, and the smooth, stiff and durable 88/188 hubset.
New for 2012, the 88/188 hubset has been improved with a 7.5 mm wider bearing stance and a body shape canted out by 2 degrees for added stiffness and strength. The fully sealed hubset comes in a stealthy Beyond Black or classic Falcon Grey color schemes.
- Weight: 1640g
- Max recommended rider weight: 225lbs
- ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of our carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rims surface and is tailored to every model from the 202 to the Super-9 Disc. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- VCLC™ (Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control): Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control (VCLC) uses a vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between layers of rigid carbon laminate in the rim. When the wheel receives an impact from the road, much of the shock is absorbed by the VCLC system, delivering a 10% reduction in vibration.
- M2CM™ (Multi-Material Co-Molding): Multi-Material Co-Molding (M2CM)ensures that Zipp clincher rims are the worlds strongest. The process permanently fuses a sub-200 gram aluminum hoop to a carbon structure with the same dimpling as our tubular rims and our patented toroidal bulge, which acts as a leaf spring to reinforce the aluminum during impacts. The spokes lace directly to the carbon body for a fully structural rim that blends the ride feel of carbon with the braking performance of aluminum.
- 88/188 Hub Technology: Every aspect of our 88 and 188 hubs sets a new benchmark. The standard steel bearings are the roundest in the industry. The 17mm axle is the stiffest of any road hub weve tested. The wire EDM-cut hub internals are the most precise. When it comes to precision and performance, theres really no comparison.
Are you thinking of buying Zipp Replacement Tyre 404 Firecrest Clincher 16h? This is one of the star products at bikeinn, the online bike store. The price is 784.45 $, limited time! At bikeinn you can benefit from the biggest advantages and find products from Zipp at the best price. All our bike products have a manufacturer quality guarantee.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU