`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
When disc brake technology started to appear on road wheels, it was natural for us to develop a compatible wheel based on our iconic Ksyrium Pro SL. But disc brakes also throw up a unique set of challenges, so it was a huge benefit to fall back on our experience designing mountain bike disc wheels. The end result is this do-it-all wheel that excels on most rides: flat or hilly, training or racing.
Brilliant brake torque
The biggest difference between the two braking systems is that braking with discs displaces the brake forces from the rim to hub, moving them further away from the ground. To make its way from the hub to the ground, the braking torque is distributed through the hub, spokes and finally the lower rim. So the spoke dimensions and lacing pattern needs to be tuned accordingly.
The braking load is higher on the front wheel since the center of gravity is transferred to the front of the wheel when the bike is decelerating. Thus, the front wheel needs to be overbuilt with more spokes (20 instead of 18) and those spokes need to be crossed on each side of the wheel to make sure the brake torque will be efficiently and evenly distributed.
The lower part of the rim also undergoes higher stress than a rim brake wheel. This stress is about the equivalent of the pedalling torque so what the rear rim can withstand in traction, it can also stand when braking. The front rim however, needs to be redesigned and gets the same dimension as the rear rim, also benefitting from asymmetrical design as the disc creates asymmetry in the wheel dish.
ISM4D: lower weight without compromise
Our unique ISM4D technology (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions) makes sure the rim weight is kept at a minimum for better agility and reactions when speeding up or braking. By only using material where it’s needed for stiffness or durability, we can achieve extremely low weight without making compromises elsewhere. As a result the Ksyrium Pro Disk is just 1535g – the best possible choice for any disc-brake-equipped road bike.
Matching Yksion Pro tyres
To make sure all this extra stopping power reaches the ground, Ksyrium Pro Disc comes with our Yksion Pro tyres in 25mm. They offer a supple 127 TPI casing, Kevlar beads, a well-balanced rubber compound that offers the best blend of grip and rolling resistance and a weight of only 190g in 23mm and 205g in 25mm.
The front wheel comes with the Griplink version that offers a specific tread pattern to evacuate water quickly when cornering, increasing confidence and speed in difficult conditions. It also offers very strong Kevlar puncture protection for added safety.
The rear wheel comes with the Powerlink version, which sports a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar to lower rolling resistance. To reduce rolling resistance and increase speed even further, the tread pattern is optimized to reduce the pressure on the ground, while improving water evacuation from the center to increase traction and efficiency in wet conditions.
The front wheel is compatible with the three existing retention systems and can be easily converted from quick release, to 12mm or 15mm through axles using the adapters provided. The rear wheel is quick release compatible only. As for rotor mount, both wheels exist in International 6 Bolts and Center Lock.
Road disc optimized:
- Disc specific rim shape
- Disc friendly spoke geometry and lacing
- Brake torque resistant hubs, including 15 mm front compatibility
Light where it matters:
- New extra light ISM 4D rims
- Light and strong Zicral spokes
Efficient, comfortable and durable:
- Isopulse lacing for superior stiffness under high lateral loads
- New 25 mm Yksion Pro tyres, featuring GripLink / PowerLink concept
- Proven Ksyrium reliability
- Material: Maxtal
- Altura: 26 mm, asimétrica
- Unión: SUP
- Taladros: Fore
- Perfil específico para freno de disco
- Aligeramiento: ISM 4D
- Diámetro del orificio para la válvula: 6,5 mm
- Neumático: cubierta
- Medida ETRTO: 622x15C
- Medida de neumático recomendada: 23 a 32 mm
- Material: Zicral
- Tipo: recto, perfilado
- Cabecillas: integradas Fore en aluminio
- Cantidad: 20 delante y detrás
- Radiado: a 2 cruces delante, detrás Isopulse
- Cuerpo delantero: carbono con alas de aluminio
- Núcleo trasero: aluminio
- Material del eje: aluminio
- Rodamientos sellados ajustables
- Rueda libre: FTS-L, acero
- Delantero: compatible con cierre rápido, y eje pasante de 12 y 15 mm
- Yksion Pro GripLink (delante) y PowerLink (detrás)
- Banda de rodadura delante y detrás: Single Compound
- Tejido de la carcasa: 127 TPI
- Banda antipinchazos: Kevlar (delante), nylon (detrás)
- Medida: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Presión máxima: 25 mm 7,7 bar - 110 PSI
- Cubierta 6 tornillos M11
- Cubierta 6 tornillos ED11
- Cubierta Center Lock M11
- Cierres rápidos BX601
- Adaptadores para cierre rápido (rueda delantera)
- Adaptadores para cierre rápido (rueda trasera)
- Tornillos específicos para freno de disco
- Llave de ajuste multifunción
- Guía del usuario
- Recommended weight limit : 120kg
- Weight : 855 grams
Exclusive carbon technologies:
Exclusive carbon wheel technologies developed by Mavic offer a perfect balance between performance and reliability.CXR Wheel-Tyre Systems are engineered for triathletes and flat road or time trial races, with superior aero performance, speed and stability. A versatile and lightweight carbon clincher, the Cosmic Carbone 40 C Wheel-Tyre System meets the demands of daily riding, with Mavic’s exclusive TgMax high temperature carbon fiber for the safest, most reliable braking.
KSYRIUM REINVENTED: Wider, Carbon, disc and a new playground
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimizes constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
Grip and control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker
Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Optimum energy transfer The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision 'free' adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Light, stiff and strong A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
If you are interested in Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc Intl Rear, you should know that it is in stock and offered at the best price. Wheels and tyres products from the brand Mavic have the highest manufacturing quality. Mavic is designing exclusive bike products that are tailored to the customers needs. So take a look through the offers available and buy your Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc Intl Rear today!
Click on the following link to get more information about:Manual
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE